Friday, January 20, 2012

"It's a Girl" !!!!!!

Proverbs 31: 29, "Many daughters have done virtuously, But thou excellest them all."

On March 17, 2006, Jason and I at the tender age of 20 went to our doctor's appointment to determine the sex of our first child. I secretly wanted a boy and Jason wanted a girl. From my standpoint at the time, it would be much easier to raise a son because I wouldn't be primarily accountable for how he turned out in terms of manhood. I knew that I would have to make major changes and embrace womanhood COMPLETELY if it was a girl. To my surprise, it was a GIRL and I immediately aborted the "GIRL IN ME." I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I would have to terminate the "girly Krystal" and embrace the birthing of my GROWN WOMAN. It was a process, but change doesn't come until one is willing to change. As Daughters of the King, we have a spiritual and moral obligation to equip our daughters with the Word of God and that starts by being a doer of His Word, not just a hearer. There are far too many young ladies having babies without the slightest clue of how they are to conduct themselves. It is disheartening to see so many young girls investing more time on "facebook" rather than in their child's "face."  As a society, many have taken the approach of "it's her baby, let her learn the hard way." Why do we allow them to learn the hard way? Wouldn't it be more practical to share our stories and challenges to lighten their load? Accountability and judging are separate entities and our daughters thirst for accountability in spite of their cries against it. As Daughters of the King, we have to focus on becoming the virtuous woman mentioned in Proverbs 31 and excel the misconceptions that our generation has transformed into a standard. God's Word is the standard and the measuring stick we should utilize to determine if we measure up. Be Blessed and Encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment