Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Don't Even Go There!!!"

John 8:14-15, "Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My Witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going. You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one."


No matter how we try to convey our circumstances, past, and blessings from God to others, they will never truly understand where you have came from, but more importantly the place God is taking you. Your story is your intimate relationship and encounters with God and we can't expect those around us nor in our families and inner circles to fully understand nor appreciate the magnitude of our pains, struggles, and triumphs. Jesus told the crowd that even if He were to tell them of how He became who He was and how God was using Him, they would take issue with Him and find fault because they were judging Him according to their flesh instead of in the spirit. Jesus made it clear to them that in spite of how they may perceived Him and the task and journey God called Him to do, He wasn't going to come down to their level nor would He judge them for being ignorant. Understand that we have to appreciate our testimonies and journey in spite of others having to say something about it and not appreciating the work God is doing in us and through us.  Most who bring up your past, don't have a clear understanding of where they should be presently. Make no apologies for your growth and know that no matter how you try to make people "get you"-they won't. That's why we have to always be ever so so careful of growing in the Lord and maintaining our relationship with Him and not Them. God is the author and finisher of your faith, meaning He "gets you" because He "created you." He already knows your story and what you will have to endure. Maintain an attitude of gratitude with Him and by doing so the concern you have for others understanding you will weaken because your mind will become strengthened in peace out of your efforts to keep your focus steadfast on God.
  

1 comment:

  1. I needed this,every since I started my outreach ministry let's just say I don't get invitied to the girls night anymore lol I guess they don't feel comfortable drinking and having the normal girl talks around me anymore they don't support what i'm doing for God and that's ok God told me through another powerful women that when I start doing what God has put inside me to do that some folks ain't gonna like me and for me to focus on God and don't even try to figure out why and I was told that before I started my mission minstry.It's so funny how we support things of the world but when it comes to God it can be free and they won't support however the people that God has sent to support it I would have never amagine the people you think will be there won't always be there but our father in heaven will send you the people he want in your circle to help with the ministry.I have been called to do mission and to give out verses on God's amazing grace and his unending love and to have workshops and pick speakers he put on my mind to get that's all for now I don't know where or what God will have for me to do in the future there's no limit with him but I have to listen to him he didn't tell me to pastor,preach at a church,or to get a church but people are so use to when they hear you are a minister to make you preach in a church when you can be a minister but in a different way God want me to be one on one with people in parks,doing mission showing his love and telling of his grace outside of church and my use to be friends don't get it and some family and it hurt at first I felt very lonely by I have God and he has sent me some very powerful,loving people into my life.

    ReplyDelete